Nowadays, organizations face the challenge of operating in an extremely competitive and unpredictable global market environment. The growing pace of competition development and increased customer expectations sometimes force changes in the way a company operates. The answer to such challenges is conducting an agile transformation.
Adopting agile is never about adopting agile practices. It’s not even about adopting an agile culture. While those things are important, if you don’t achieve better business outcomes, adopting agile is not worth the investment. Your journey toward greater business agility starts by identifying what outcomes are most important to your company’s success. This knowledge helps you lay a foundation for making decisions about how to tailor your approach and guide your transformation to measurably show progress toward your critical business objectives.
Agile transformation is not just about adopting agile software development methodologies, but a comprehensive approach that goes far beyond product development. Agile transformation is the process of transforming the entire organization into an enterprise open to changes with a reactive approach to the production of its products based on agile principles. developing the most optimal approach to innovation, changing work methods, strengthening the role of employees by creating interfunctional and self-organizing teams. It is also focusing on customer satisfaction, limiting processes and planning for quick response to changes and increasing the level of internal communication and information exchange.
“Agility is the ability to adapt and respond to change… agile organizations view change as an opportunity, not a threat.”
Case study of Scrum Studio in BGŻ BNP Paribas bank
Over 15 years of experience
We have over 15 years of active and comprehensive experience in IT, management, leadership, coaching (ICF), mentoring and training. We work not only with IT agile teams but also marketing teams, sales teams, lawyers and others. We supported over 10 organizations in the process of agile / digital transformations, covering not only IT and PMO departments but also Business, HRs, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Support, Centres of Excellence (CoE)). We mentored and coached managerial staff, C-level staff, management boards, directors and shareholders of companies.
The widest offer in Poland
As the only company in Poland we have coaches, mentors, trainers certified (and experienced in agile transformations) from all key agile frameworks and methodologies, including solutions dedicated to scaling Agility and methodologies for conducting transformational changes in organizations such as PROSCI. We offer the widest range of Agile coaching services from: Scrum, Kanban, NEXUS, Large Scaled Scrum (LeSS), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD), Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), Agile Project Management (AgilePM), PRINCE2 Agile.
As part of the Agile Transformation (depending on the scope of cooperation) we implement:
- launching Scrum Studio
- Agile in Organization (see Modern Agile)
- Agile in IT (see “Agile Manifesto”)
- Agile HR (see Agile HR Manifesto and “Agile People Manifesto“)
- Agile PMO (investment committees, agile project management, hybrid approaches; see PMO Manifesto)
- Agile Testing
- Agile Legal (legal departments)
- Agile Procurement (purchasing departments, purchasing policy, vendor management, verification of the agility level of suppliers, etc.)
- DevOps / DataOps
- Site-reliability engineering (SRE)
- Lean Startup (among others verification of business hypotheses, verification of business models, business incubators)
- Agile Center of Excellence (ACE) or Lean-Agile Center of Excellence (LACE)
- Kanban (both Kanban, Upstream Kanban and Portfolio Kanban)
- Modern techniques of software development and software engineering (see Manifesto of Software Craftsmanship):
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Behavioural Driven Development (BDD)
- Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- and others
- Turquoise organization
Professional assessment of the organization’s current maturity in agile product manufacturing and conducting an agile transformation taking into account cultural aspects, potential information gaps and the existing organizational structure.
We will share our extensive experience with you and recommend the most optimal changes to then implement and improve together with you.
- Step 1: Intro – Getting to know your vision of transformation – how do you understand it, what results do you expect?
- Step 2: Exploration – Observing the status quo.
- Step 3: Report – Conclusions, recommendations regarding the transformation strategy and establishing measures of its success.
- Step 4: Agile and Lean training for management / decision makers. Agile Awareness sessions.
- Step 5: Transformation Workshops – Defining the organization’s vision after transformation, transformation strategy, Transformation Backlog and measures.
- Step 6: Definition of business areas and Products. Forming teams and starting piloting agile projects and / or product areas.
- Step 7: Forming a coalition / CoE / transformation team consisting of external Coaches / Consultants and client representatives acting as Change Agents.
- Step 8: General training and profiling for specific roles.
- Step 9: Iteratively carry out changes together with the client at the right pace for him, monitoring the progress of the transformation together.
- Step 10: Summary of cooperation.